As Mike and I have celebrated the Savior's birth this year, I have had time to reflect on what is really important and what Christmas is really about. It is so hard for me to believe that God was so willing to give me the gift of his only begotten son. A gift to someone who is not deserving and not even that present to all that the gift means. Gifts at Christmas have always been a big December stress...is it enough, or will they like it, am I doing enough. I have spent years stressing on christmas gifts and am I being fair to everyone and will they know of my love by the price of my gift . Where now I realize that I should have spent the time thanking my Heavenly Father for the supreme gift and acknowledging his blessings in my life. I am so very blessed in my life, with a wonderful husband and children, who have the opportunity to be together for time and all eternity. So even if we were not able to all be together this Christmas, it is but a twinkling of an eye, when we can all be together for eternity. I am so grateful for that blessing and want to be able to live up to covenents that will make that blessing possible. I miss my children and grandchilren terribly this time of year, but my prayer is that they are all doing the things that are needful and important to secure the strength of our family and time together in the future. I love you all so very much and wish you all the happiness in 2011.

No comments:
Post a Comment