I have been trying to implement a new strategy this week. I read the Andrew Carnegie was a master at cutting costs and it helped him to become wealthy. Glenn Beck also has talked recently about how to focus on what's important in your life and trying to decrease the materialism. I think that's a good idea, and so today I called DirectTV and asked them to cancel. They wanted to charge me 300.00 early cancel fee, and I told them, go ahead, it would be worth it so I didn't have to worry about it any more. A few hours later they called and said, they wanted me back and they would give me a 200.00 credit to my bill, and then sell me the basic package for 40.00 a month for a year. This will be cheaper by 65.00 a month so I took it. Then we wrote to YMCA in Keokuk and asked them to cancel our membership, which will save us 49.00 a month. We already paid off our van loan, so there's 145.00.
We also are selling our digital piano ensemble, our asking price is 1800.00 or best offer. I gave Chenille Saunders a PDF file of it so she could post it in here store. It's a nice Technics PR-604 made of cherry wood, it's got a lot of features, its barely used in the 9 years we owned it, and it will make a budding piano student really happy. We paid 4500.00 or so for it and didn't use it nearly enough to justify it. It's got weighted keys so it seems just like a real grand piano.
We have other priorities right now we want to focus on so its time to lighten our collection of "stuff."
Yesterday it got really cold in here and we thought the furnace was going out. But we turned off the power and turned it back on, had to do this twice, and turn the thermostat up quite a bit, and then it seemed to work again. Maybe the thermostat is going bad or something. I should look into replacing it with a new electronic one someday.
Tomorrow the carpet installers will come and give us new carpet in the front room. Then we can put all our furniture back in there which has been cluttering the rest of the house this past two weeks. It will be easier to move around in here.
Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment if you have time.
No comments:
Post a Comment