Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome to the Wind in the Willows

Hi everyone, Your Dad and I thought it would be fun to create a blog for our family and let all you guys know what is going on with us. Hopefully we will get into the habit of adding blogs and pictures to this blog weekly so you can keep track of your parents and make sure that we are staying on the straight and narrow. We love you guys so much and miss you even more so if this can be a way for our family to remain close it will be great.
Here is where we are as of December 5, 2010. Our remodeling project has come up with a big snag. We are trying to put the crown modeling in our second room of the front room and the ceiling tiles do not quit match the walls and the crown modeling does not cover the gap so we have to come up with another plan. I was hoping to get that room completed this week before the new carpet comes on Thursday but I dont think it is going to happen. Thus the Christmas tree will have to wait another week.
I have had some miracles happening with my attempts to keep Liesls orchids from her wedding alive. They are blooming in December and I can't believe it. At first I thought just one of them was going to rebloom but I am seeing shoots on three of them come up.

I hope they survive the winter. The window that I have them setting by is a little drafty so I hope they will not get too blasted cold. Like I know I will living in Illinois.

We also had a funny incident with our puppy Gus in November. It was Liesl and Justin birthday and Liesl was at our house helping me with our painting project. She has a friend come visit her because after all it was her birthday. Well Nora parked her car near Gus's tie up spot which is where we usually park the van. Gus likes to lay under the car when he is outside tied up so being the brillant dog that he is he decided to crawl under Nora's little car. Well when Nora decided to go home she discovered a puppy who was stuck under her car. Dad had to get the jack out and jack up Nora's car so gus could be rescued. He had the most pathetic cry you have ever heard during the whole incident. It was pretty funny:)

Anyway that is pretty much the end of my blog today. I am just learning so be patient. If you would like your spouses to be invited to this blog just send us their email adress and we will invite them the more the merrier. Any suggestions for the site will be more than welcome. Hope you all have a excellent week and remember to call your Mom!



No comments: